OpenSRS allows ISP's to "Register their customers Domain Names"
This is valuable because:
- It is good to provide as many services as one can.
- It is not wise to refer your customer elsewhere.
- The ISP can make a profit for each domain name registered.
- The customer's web site can be up and running much faster if the
ISP is the Registrar.
- Since the Registration is "Branded with the ISP's name", many people
will see the ISP's name and this is good (free) advertising.
However, setting up OpenSRS is extremely complicated, and may take days,
even weeks for those who are not familiar with what it takes, to install &
configure it. Even for experienced System Administrators, a "Successful
Installation" might prove
to be an extremely problematic and hard to reach goal.
Additionally, OpenSRS provides no facility for "On-Line Payments", so the
usefulness is limited.
ISP Innovations has extensive experience with OpenSRS, and can provide you
with the system you need, designed to your specifications, with a fully
integrated and automated on-line Credit Card Payment Systems (using a variety
of Payment Gateways including Authorize.net & Card Service).